2021 are Due now
Dues are $55.00 per member per year
The Early Bird Campaign starts in September 2021 for 2022
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AVAILABLE ON-LINE
Membership Application to download – new-legion_membership-application_en2019
- 2141 Members for 2020
- 1983 Members for 2016
- 2148 Members for 2014
- 2099 Members for 2013
- 2128 Members for 2012
- 2510 Members for 2011
- 2387 Members for 2010
- 2516 Members in 2009
Keycards change every January 1st.
2021 promises to be another exciting year for the number of members in our branch. We anticipate further growth to maintain our status as one of the largest Legions in Canada. Dues are $55.
Contrary to popular belief, a military background is not the sole prerequisite for membership. The affiliate non-voting category allows any Canadian citizen to apply for Legion membership. Application forms are available at the office or in the lounge. The following is a breakdown of membership categories:
- Ordinary Membership– You may be eligible for Ordinary membership if you have served or are serving in:
- The Canadian Forces or Her Majesty’s Forces (regular force or reserve force with class “C” service); or
- the Forces or underground forces of any of Her Majesty’s allies in a war or police action in which Canada was involved; or
- the Merchant Navy or non-military services in an actual theatre of war in which Canada was involved; or
- Her Majesty’s reserve force including Cadet Instructors on the Cadet Cadre. Must have at least one year (12 months) service; or
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police or The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary for not less than one year; or/
- the Forces of a country while that country was a member of NATO or NORAD in alliance with Canada; or
- the United States Forces; or
- the Vietnam War with the Armed Forces of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea or South Vietnam, and were a Canadian citizen or Commonwealth subject at the time of service; or
- the Canadian Coast Guard as an officer or crew member who has two or more years active service on the high seas or inland waterways; or
- a city, municipal or provincial police force as a police officer for at least one year.
- Associate Membership– If you do not qualify for Ordinary membership you may be eligible for Associate membership if you:
- are the child, stepchild, grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, widow/er, parent or spouse of someone who is or was eligible for Ordinary membership; or
- are the child of an Associate member; or
- have served in The Royal Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets for not less than 3 years; or
- have been a cadet civilian instructor for not less than 3 years; or
- have served as an officer in the Navy League of Canada for not less than 2 years; or
- have served in the Polish Armed Forces after WW II; or
- have served in a City, Municipal, Volunteer, Un-organized Territories or Federal Fire Service for not less than one year
- are the spouse, parent or sibling of an associate member who qualified subject to the above criteria.
- Affiliate Voting Membership – If you do not qualify for Ordinary or Associate membership but support the aims and objects of The Royal Canadian Legion you may apply for Affiliate Voting membership. This category makes it possible for any Canadian citizen or British subject to apply for membership.
- Affiliate Non-Voting Membership – Anyone who is not eligible for Ordinary or Associate Membership and not a Canadian Citizen or British subject can apply for Non-Voting Affiliate Membership.
Any questions please call our Office 604-463-5101 our Staff will be happy to answer all your questions.